Saturday, August 2, 2008

Time for a Longfamily update!






It's Saturday morning and Mary decided to wake up at 5:30am. I got up with her and expected the two of us to be awake for a while before the rest of the fam got going. I started the coffee, had a few sips and Mary went back to bed...leaving me tired but with caffeine telling me to stay awake! So I guess it's a good time for an update - at least until Anne wakes up!

So much has happened since my last entry! First of all, Mary is doing great! She is such a happy baby and smiles at everyone! I love it when she looks my way and just smiles her big toothless smile! She is 4 months old now and getting very long. She is in the 95% for height according to Dr. Coffman. She's just living up to her name I told him. He told me not to quit my day job for comedy. Things Mary can do now include, play in an excersaucer which she loves, suck her thumb, laugh, smile, burp, fart, poop, pee, poop, burp, smile...you get the picture. She is trying to roll over but still needs some practice. Her sisters, Kate and Anne are IN LOVE with her! I think they look at her as a baby doll because they try to manipulate her arms and legs like she was made of plastic. She doesn't seem to mind though as she is smiling whenever they are near.

One of the side effects of having our third child was the lack of living space in our home in Orlando. 1329 sq' of house isn't enough for 5 Longs and Barkley. We found a home in nearby Sanford in a wonderful neighborhood that is full of kids that are Kate's and Anne's (and Mary's) age. Just about every day now we have neighborhood kids in and out, upstairs and downstairs playing with the girls. Currently the big thing is a performance that they are giving today for my birthday. 6 or 7 kids, boys and girls have been practicing upstairs dancing to Curious George music. I can't wait to see it and if I am lucky I'll have video and post it here :)!

Anyway, the neighborhood is wonderful. We live next door to a great, longtime friend and her family. Her boys get along perfectly with my girls. Yes, I know what that can mean in about 10 years or so, but I'll be ready! Kate starts Kindergarten in a couple of weeks. Her school is right outside of our neighborhood. Kate recently learned how to ride her bike without training wheels so we plan to ride our bikes to the gate and then walk across the street to her school. I think I am more excited than she is about that! She is excited about school, though. If there are books involved, she is into it. She is in that stage where she is a sponge when it comes to learning and I think she will love school.

Anne is growing up to be so much fun! She wants to do everything that Kate does and she tags along wherever the "big kids" go. All the kids are nice to her so she has fun playing along. As much as she wants to be like Kate she is so much her own little person. She has a hilarious personality and is extremely loving as well. She is tall for her age (Long girls are like that, I guess) and talking a lot. Many of the people she meets think she's 3 when she really just turned 2 in May! I guess hanging out with Kate is rubbing off.

Tami and I are extremely happy and excited about this new phase in our lives. I will be putting up some pictures soon. I have to go for now...Kate just woke up!

No comments: